High up in the mountains between two valleys!
Dagali museum is located in the mountain village of Dagali. The museum is home to buildings and objects from Dagali, Skurdalen, Tunhovd and Uvdal. Most exhibits are in the traditional Numedal style as Dagali was a part of the municipality of Uvdal until 1944. The museum site is arranged like an old traditional farm, with nine different farm buildings from Dagali, mostly dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries. In addition, you will find an old school building and an exhibition building with a collection of objects.
Dagali museum was originally a private collection. Teacher and sergeant major Gunnar Stensen began collecting objects and buildings at the start of the 20th century, keeping the collection at his farm, Fagerlund. In 1947 he bequeathed the museum to the village, and Dagali museum association was set up to run it.
Every summer, renowned artists exhibit their works in Kjønaas-stabburet. The museum day during the Dagali fair has become a welcome tradition.
For updates and news, please visit our home page and follow us on facebook.
Welcome to Dagali museum!
Guiding opening times (last updated 2016):
1 July – 7 August. Tuesday – Sunday 11.00–16.00
Prices (last updated 2016):
- Adults NOK 70
- Children, students and pensioners NOK 50
- Groups (min. 10 people) NOK 50
In the summer season, one tickets allows entry to all the following museums for a period of 6 days: Hallingdal museum Nesbyen, Hol village museum, Hol old church, Dagali museum, Ål rural museum, Hemsedal traditional farm and Gol rural museum.
Prices may change during special events.