Drangedal Church is located in the heart of Drangedal town centre (Prestestranna) and is the main church of the parish. The church is a cross church built in timber and was completed in 1775.
In the period from 1839 to 1900, a number of reconstructions have been carried out, mainly inside. The suspended ceiling was lifted two meters, the gallery on the southern cross was taken away, the organ gallery and gallery in the northern cross was built. The church benches were replaced and a new altarpiece was put in place. The church received electricity in 1921 and in 1961 wood burning was replaced with electric stoves under the church benches. According to fire regulations, the church now has 280 seats.