Filtvet Lighthouse is Buskeruds only lighthouse station. It has been in use since 1840 and was made automatic in 1985. The original main building is from 1877, including a flat for the lighthousekeeper, watchroom and the actual lighthouse with lenses from 1890.
The lighthouse station became a listed building in 1997, "of national value, representing the typical small wooden lighthouse with closely linked houses". Today the lighthouse is owned by Hurum Municipality but run by a voluntary society "Friends of Filtvet Lighthouse".
Parts of the old building were restored in 2004.
Plans are to have the station open during summer weekends, possibly with art exhibitions. Lying on Hurum's coastal footpath, Filtvet Lighthouse station is an ideal starting point for a walk along the coast. Guided tours by appointment : tel. 32797100.