Skip to main content
Grue

Finnetunet - The Norwegian Forest-Finnish Museum

About Finnetunet
Finnetunet is located on Grue Finnskog and was founded in 1942, but due to the World War and other factors, the practical development did not begin until the 1950s. All the buildings have been moved here from Grue Finnskog and Brandval Finnskog.

Altogether, the museum's 13 buildings show the principle of how a Finnish forest farm might have looked in earlier times. Finnetunet is one of the few museums in Scandinavia that displays all three types of forest-Finnish buildings that are heated with smoke stoves; smoke room, smoke sauna and rie.

Finnetunet's outdoor area is open all year round, with guided tours during the summer period. The rest of the year, guided tours are arranged on request.

The Norwegian Forest-Finnish Museum
The Norwegian Forest-Finnish Museum is a foundation consisting of four founders/departments; Åsnes Finnskog History Association, Gruetunet Museum, Finnetunet and Austmarka History Association. The foundation manages the founders' properties and also owns buildings acquired after 2005, which is the year of foundation.

Some of the departments have existed for more than 75 years and make the museum one of the largest in Norway in terms of collection size. The museum's administration is located in rented premises at Svullrya in Svullrya old school, but a new museum building is being planned at Svullrya.


Please note that this product has yet to be professionally translated. Until then a machine translation has been provided.

Source: Visit Innlandet

0

Finnetunet - The Norwegian Forest-Finnish Museum

Your recently viewed pages