This tour is conducted by Hermes II. Join this fishing and fjord cruise on the beautifully restored boat Hermes II. Bring your own fishing equipment or use one of ours. Or you can simply join the tour with us at sea.
The combination of the peace and quiet on board with the excitement of fishing is unbeatable. The mood can go from total calm, with a coffee cup in hand, to ecstatic, when it snaps at the line. Along the way, you will also get to hear about the history of the boat. This is a great trip for both local and visiting guests who want to try out their fishing luck!
The boat was built in 1917 and was originally a cargo boat for fish, coal, animals and building materials. Fishing for shrimp and capelin were later added. After many years of hard work, the boat was completely renovated from 2016 - 2019, making it a certified preservation project. In 2021, the work and dedication to preserving this boat was rewarded with the Tromsø Culture CommunityAward. Welcome to an amazing piece of Norwegian history!
Welcome on board!
- Storytelling. Hear the story of Hermes II
- Heated lounge under deck
- Hot drinks (Coffee, tea or chocolate).
- Warm blankets and thermal suits if you wish. To make the trip comfortable, you should dress well and warmly. Remember that hats, scarves, mittens and sturdy, warm shoes are also important clothing
- All personal safety equipment
- Charging the phone
Transport to and from Hermes II
Food & cold beverages for purchase on board.
Warm clothes. To make the trip comfortable, you should dress well and warmly. Remember that hats, scarves, mittens and sturdy, warm shoes are also important clothing
Number of guests: 2-18
Departure times: 9 am
Attendance: No later than 10 minutes before departure.
Departure from the floating pier at Kystens Hus / Stortorget.
Duration 4,5 hours
Groups who want a fishing trip can get in touch for tailor-made offers!
- A minimum of 2 guests is required for the trip to be completed.
- The trip can be canceled or rescheduled in bad weather.
- Young children can join. Not wheelchair accessible.