Hooked on fishing? At Fjord Tourist you'll have the possibility to fish as you wish; deep sea fishing, fishing in the fjord or in the river. Sleep in fishermen's cabins and use the modern boats as much as you like!
Hooked on fishing? At Fjord Tourist you’ll have the possibility to fish as you wish; deep sea fishing, fishing in the fjord or in the river.
Fjord Tourist offers modern fishermen’s cabins beautiful situated by the fjord in Stavang. Just outside the fishermen’s cabin there is immediate access to the pier, boats and fish fillet table with a superstructure, lights and water.
SPECIAL OFFER 2019
Discover Fjord Tourist's great deals! 40% off their fisherman's cabins until the 15th of May 2019. Rent a fisherman's cabin for one week for NOK 4200 (original price NOK 7000). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
Fjord Tourist offers two different rorbu apartments.
Rorbu on the 1st floor: One large bedroom, separate kitchen, living room, bathroom with a shower and a balcony with sea view.
Rorbu on the 2nd floor: Very well equipped rorbu with a separate kitchen, living room, sauna, large bathroom with a shower, sea view balcony, wireless internet, TV with 400 German/ European/ Norwegian channels and high-quality furniture. The total sleeping capacity for 4 persons. There are 2 beds that can be combined into a double bed in the bedroom as well as a double sofa bed in the living room.
BOAT RENTAL AND FISHING
At Fjord Tourist fisherman's cabin the mackerel go straight past the cabin and into the bay where the boats are docked - ready for use!
There are 3 boats for hire.
Boat nr. 1 is a 17-foot Hansvik with 25 HK Yamaha 4-stroke 5-inch chart plotter/ GPS/ echo sounder.
Boat nr. 2 and nr. 3: Hobby 555 19-foot boats with 50 HK Suzuki 4-stroke engine, chart plotter/ GPS/ echo sounder, 8 pole holders (new in 2018).
Regatta life jackets and rod holders are included in the price when renting a boat. Please specify which boat you want to rent when ordering. If you wish to rent a Snekke (old wooden boat) it can be requested when ordering the rorbu apartment or in advance. It is possible to book a sea charter with a Goldfish Tender boat and a personal guide. This boat is mainly for guided tours.
The area for sea fishing outside Stavang is often sunny and has little wind and rainfall. Mackerel and herring go straight past the rorbu apartment and into the bay where the boats are located. 20 m from land you can fish flounder at 5-20 m depth. This is an excellent area to catch Cat- and Monkfish. In the fall in September and October, you can use light to attract and catch crabs. It is 30 min by boat to the cod spawning field at Vevring, one of Norway’s great cod spawning grounds. Often it is the perfect time for adventurous fishing experiences in the months of January, February, March and April when the sea is quite calm, and the cod called “Skrei” comes from the ocean to reproduce. There is fishing lake (fresh water with trots) 2 km from the rorbu apartment and you can drive all the way. You can also buy fishing licenses and go fishing in the nearby Svardalselva river.
ACTIVITIES IN AND NEARBY STAVANG
- There is a marked hiking trail to Skålefjellet 964 metres above sea level. The hike is suitable for most people.
- There are many swimming possibilities in the area.
- You can grill today’s catch at the brewery area where there is access to garden furniture and outside terrace with terrace heaters.
- The local shop is 150 meters in line from the rorbu apartment, with a good selection of food and fishing gear. Here you can also buy fuel for the boats directly at the floating dock below the shop. Stavang has its own fishing gear shop with sale and rental of fishing gear, etc. on request.
- Only 15 min away by boat or car from the rorbu you'll find Ausevika rock carving site Here you can see the over 3000 year old rock carvings.
- It is 20-25 min by boat to the coastal town of Florø. In Florø you can enjoy the costal atmosphere, go shopping and visit charming cafés while your boat is docked at the marina in the city centre.
- You can pay a visit to the local pubs at the islands of Svanøy (5-6 min. by boat) and Askrova (10 min. by boat).
At Fjord Tourist everything is set for fun sea experiences and a great catch throughout the year!