The church lies beautifully situated near the Håkonar park, in the middle of the centre of Fitjar. Up to 1866, a stone church dating to the twelfth century occupied the site, and stones from the old Fitjar church can be found around the churchyard. Some of the furniture and fixtures have also been preserved.
Guided tours by agreement with the churchwarden Harald Johan Sandvik, tel. (+47) 53 45 85 24 / (+47) 90 05 20 59