Gjøvik church (1882) is a timber church. It is one of just a few built in the neo-gothic style, and is therefore a listed building. The church has a ground area of 550 m². Originally, the church had 650 seats, including the gallery. Today it has around 500 seats.
It is the area’s most popular ceremonial church for weddings and christenings. It has also become an attractive venue for concerts, particularly after a new 45-voice organ was installed in 2008.
Restored in 1927 and 1960. The exterior was painted in 1993. In 2004-2005, the interior was rearranged in connection with the sanding and varnishing of the church floor. Benches were removed in the back, and replaced with tables and chairs. Benches were also removed in the centre of the church, and at the front, chairs replaced some of the benches.
In 2009, major repairs and paint work were carried out.