There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Comfortable camping by the bank of the river Granaelva in beautiful Snåsa.
“Glamping” is a new trend, which also is gaining some interest in Norway. This word construction is made by merging the two words “glamorous” and “camping”. It means luxurious camping, which combines the simple camping life with some style and comfort normally found in hotels or other more glamorous accomodations.
Here you may spend some holiday time in the nature in the middle of the forest on the bank of the river Granaelva near the outlet to the lake Snåsavatnet in a simple but comfortable cabin. This will be a most special holiday experience with lot of wilderness feel and still not far from civilization.
About the cabin:
This is a small cabin with a capacity for up to 4 people, which is tastefully decorated and connectet with a refurbished camper van. Both units are connected to a huge veranda with a splendid river and forest view. There is a simple field wash basin, and a camping toilet on the premises as well as cookin utensils and a gas stove.
Aside from an occasional visit from the cattle herd on the nearby pasture on their way to drink from the river, you are separated from civlilization. Still, the farm is only a 10 minute hike away.
Experiences and activities in and around Snåsa
- Swimming and relaxing by Lake Snåsavatnet - Norway's 6th largest lake.
- Fishing for trout and char in lake Snåsavatnet, Granaelva river or Jørstadelva river.
- Hiking, canoing or terrain biking, combined by foragning for mushrooms and berries.
- Blåfjella Skjækerfjella National Park - a large number of mountain peaks and more than 2000 fishing waters to choose from.
- Saemien Sijte- Snåsa is a cultural centre for south samis. Visit Saemine Sijte to learn about southern Sami history and culture.
- Seteropplevelser - Two mountain farms are in active use all year, complemented by 15- 20 summer mountain farms receiving visitors all summer.
- Salmon fishing - 1/2 t from the river Namsen - known as "the king of salmon rivers" and Sanddøla river.
- Namsskogan family park - 1 hr away from Snåsa. Elk, bear and many wild animals from the local fauna can be seen in the park.
- Bølareinen - pre-historic rock carvings by Bøla
- Roaldsteinen - hiking trip