- Pure nature - awsome rest!
Gran nordre offer a farm holiday in beautiful surroundings in Snåsa. The farm is located close to county road 763, but quiet and sheltered with fields, meadows and forest landscapes near Lake Snåsavatnet - the 6th largest lake in Norway.
The farm offer accommodation in 3 free-standing holiday homes on the farm
- Gran Stabbur: accommodates up to 5 pax
- Vognbua: accommodates up to 7 pax
- Kåret: accommodates up to 8 pax
All three houses have bathrooms and basic kitchen. Stabburet and vognbua are restored so that the original characteristics have been retained, while still offering the necessary comforts for a pleasant holiday.
Additionally, we offer rooms in the main building on the farm. There are 3 double rooms and a single room, all with communal bathroom.
Breakfast can be served on request.
In addition to the accommodation featured on the farm, the Gran Nordre also offer accommodation close to nature:
Svartbakken seter (Summer mountain farm): 2 cabins accommodating up to 6 people
Magic Glamping by the shores of Granaelva river: comfort camping for up to 4 people
Experiences and activities in and around Gran Nordre, depending in the season:
- Swimming and relaxing by Lake Snåsavatnet - Norway's 6th largest lake.
- Fishing for trout and char in lake Snåsavatnet, Granaelva river or Jørstadelva river.
- Hiking, canoing or terrain biking, combined by foragning for mushrooms and berries.
- Greenhouse barn, a very special barn solution, where the cow barn is used as a green house in the summer while the cows are out to pasture.
- Presentation and tour of the farm with an introduction to how the farm is operated.
- Take part in daily work on the farm, by prior agreement ("Trial Farming")
- Access to barbecue and bonfire area and outdoor furniture.
Experiences and activities in and around Snåsa
- Blåfjella Skjækerfjella National Park - a large number of mountain peaks and more than 2000 fishing waters to choose from.
- Saemien Sijte- Snåsa is a cultural centre for south samis. Visit Saemine Sijte to learn about southern Sami history and culture.
- Seteropplevelser - Two mountain farms are in active use all year, complemented by 15- 20 summer mountain farms receiving visitors all summer.
- Salmon fishing - 1/2 hr from the river Namsen - known as "the queen of salmon rivers" and Sanddøla river.
- Namsskogan family park - 1 hr away from Snåsa. Elk, bear and many wild animals from the local fauna can be seen in the park.
- Bølareinen - pre-historic rock carvinngs
- Roaldsteinen - hiking trip