Are you ready for an unparalleled outdoor experience? Hornelen Via Ferrata is a brand new climbing route in Bremanger, Nordfjord, that takes you 860 meters straight up Europe's highest sea cliff. With air all around you and the sea straight underneath, is this an experience you will not forget! Hornelen Via Ferrata offers three climbing routes; Ørnelia,Hekseveggen (The witches’ wall) and Olavsruta. Olavsruta is the whole climbing trail, from sea level all the way up to the top. Welcome to your next adventure with Hornelen Via Ferrata!
Guided full day tour
The guided full-day tour goes all the way up to the top of mount Hornelen. You will definitely feel the adrenaline here! The climb itself is in two stages, the lower part offers a moderate level of difficulty, but as you continue up the wall, it will become more challenging and advanced.
● Climbing a Via Ferrata in such spectacular, airy surroundings creates a profound sense of mastery and joy. Climbing perhaps the airiest Via Ferrata in the world takes a bit of effort, but the reward is great!
● Suitable for you who are in good shape, have good physical strength, have experience with long mountain hikes, have climbed a Via Ferrata before and want to challenge yourself in a safe environment with a guide
● Skilled guides will ensure you and your group's safety so that you can focus entirely on your own climbing and the experience in the group
Price: NOK. 1695,- per person
● Full day (approx. 8 hours)
● Degree of difficulty: Challenging climbing and hiking, first part moderate, second part advanced. *Retreat option after first part.
● Min. weight 40 kg / max 120 kg
● Min. 16 years (needs waiver signed by adult)
● Min 2 max 4 persons per group
● Season: June - October
● After the climb (and after you've enjoyed the view), you will hike back to the base by a lovely hiking trail in a magnificent coastal landscape typical for the region, with slightly demanding terrain in some places.
Included in the price:
● Access to the trail
● Via Ferrata safety kit:
• Via Ferrata Lanyard
You need to bring:
• Suitable clothing
• Gloves, (gloves can be bought in the shop)
• Double packed lunch and double drink (double amount from normal trip, no water available during the trip).
Last updated: 08/14/2023
Guided Fullday tour Olavsruta I Hornelen Via Ferrata