This 7 days guided hike takes you on a journey into the mythical Land of Giants, a Finnish tale detailing the creation of the region’s most recognisable peaks. When you are looking for a route truly less travelled, this is your top pick.
- Remote locations
- Wilderness areas in three countries, variety of landscapes
- Accommodation in reservation huts
- Professional guide and small groups
- Easy to moderate terrain
- No previous hiking experience necessary
- Three group departures for guided hike in 2019
- Possibility to rent all hiking gir
The starting point, Kilpisjärvi, is a remote village in the crossing of the three Scandinavian countries. The route follows some of the most enchanting mountainous landscapes of the region, making the rough walk feel almost effortless.
What’s so special about this guided hike in Scandinavia?
The route is one of the few hiking trails which allow you to visit three countries in less than a week. Starting in Finland, we traverse to Norway and Sweden where we stay in comfortable mountain cabins. Your backpacks don’t need to wear you down, as you’ll only be carrying clothes, your personal items and some food. The cabins are well equipped with cooking and sleeping gear.
The grand landscapes and remoteness of the location invite a hiker to calm down and forget the busy everyday life. You will be disconnected from the wifi and all other networks, giving you more space to really connect with nature and yourself.
Although challenging, this tour also suits people who are new to hiking and are wanting a true wilderness experience in the comfort of a small guided group. Calmer pace means we also have time to take photos of this ever-changing landscape and moods of the wilderness.
What is included:
- Pick up and drop off from Tromso
- Accommodation; the first and last night this is shared accommodation in double rooms. All other nights we will be sharing a mountain cabin
- Buffet dinners on day 1 and 6, breakfast on day 2 and 7 at the accommodation
- Dehydrated meals for the trekking days (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Ferry transport across Kilpisjärvi lake on day 6
- The huts all have blankets and pillows, however, you will need to bring a silk/cotton liner and pillowcase.
- Travel insurance; make sure your insurance covers activities in remote regions
- Personal hiking equipment, backpacks can be rented
- Your personal hiking gear; clothing and backpack, cotton liner and pillowcase
Fore more informations and dates, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org