Guided walk on the Tystig Glacier at Strynefjellet, near the Stryn Summer Ski Resort. The walking on the glacier takes about 2-3 hours. We'll be exploring the ice in a safe manner. The guide shares his local knowledge with you, as well as basic geology/glaciol
Season: June 25, – August 14, 2022 (Saturdays and Sundays)
Minimum age: 12 years old
Duration of the trip: approximately 5-7 hours
Price: 1240 NOK pr. person, included: all required equipment and transportation with the chair lift
(15% Group discount: 1054 NOK pr. person minimum 5 persons)
Difficulty level: Moderate
Meeting point: By the parking place of the Stryn Summer Ski Resort resort at 09:30 AM.
We get ready for the trip, before we depart from the parking place around 10:00 PM. and take a seat in the chair lift.The lift takes us up through dramatic scenery, and for each minute the view gets increasingly breathtaking. The walk up to the glacier front takes us about 45 miutes in average, and it includes about 250 altitude meters on a slightly challenging path, so it is recommended for those in moderate physical form.
As we reach the glacier plateau, we gear up with crampons/snowshoes, harness, ice axe/hiking poles and ropes. The walking on the glacier takes about 2-3 hours. We'll be exploring the ice in a safe manner. The condition on the ice may be blue ice, or ice with snow on the surface (this depends on the amount of snow we get in the winter). Please note that there can still be snow up there, even in the middle of the summer. We might be walking on glacier ice, or winter snow, the nature is in charge on this, not us.
The guide shares his local knowledge with you, as well as basic geology/glaciology. The peak of the trip is the lunchtime, that we have ON the glacier. Few people can say that they've had lunch on a glacier, surrounded by breathtaking views. In every direction there's something spectacular to see.
The walk back down towards the chair lift should take us about 45 minutes.
We recommend that you bring:
- A packed lunch and enough water/drink for the duration of the trip (we usually have 30 minute lunch on the glacier).
- Snacks (chocolate, nuts, etc is always a good thing to have in the pockets).
- Suitable clothing according to the weather. Water and windproof clothing is always good to have in Norway.
- Proper hiking shoes or mountain boots and gloves (we rent out proper clothing, hiking shoes and required equipment).
- Camera is recommended, but on your own risk. Bring a small waterproof bag/purse if needed.
- A small backpack/bag with additional clothing layers (fleece/woolen swather, etc.
- Cap, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, etc.
This tour require a minimum of 5 participates, but do not hesitate to book online/contact us if you are less than 5 people. An email confirmation will be sent to you as soon as we have enough bookings for the specific day.
All bookings must be done within 7:00 pm, the evening prior to your preferred departure. You must book in advance to ensure that you have a place in the rope team.
We focus on a stress free day, where we truly enjoy the magnificent Norwegian scenery. Join in!