Vestfold´s only preserved stave church. The church´s oldest part, the chancel, is from the 12th century. The nave, however, is from the second half of the 13th century. As well as the corner posts the church has side posts and a central post. Originally it was whitewashed and decorated inside, some of this has been restored. Finn Krafft has in addition painted a number of new decorations. On the north wall are drawings of ships from the 14th century. The crosses are from the original consecration. The restoration was completed in 1953, the arcitect was Otto L. Scheen.
Guided tours 1st - 31st July: Mon-Fri 5.00 and 5.30 pm. Sat at 11.00 and 11.30 During the rest of the year guided tours for groups may be arranged through Gerd Rut Michelsen. Tel: +47 33 44 22 30
|Children||0.00 Free of charge|
|Groups||35.00 Per person|
|Price Guided tour||50.00 Per person|
|* Price from|