The Protestant Church of Hammerfest was built by architect Hans Magnus from Oslo, who among other things also designed the northernmost church in the world on Spitsbergen.
It was consecrated in 1961. The triangle Magnus served as a leitmotif for the Church, both as a symbol of the Holy Trinity and also as a reference to the traditional fish drying racks, which still today are used to produce the stockfish.
The wall behind the altar is a mosaic image, which was completely composed of Norwegian stones and completed in 1972. The small windows on the sides show symbols of the Christian faith. The glass mosaic on the back wall was created by Jardar Lunde. The ceiling's wood paneling is reminiscent of an upturned boat.
The wood carvings on the organ gallery show among other things the old Hammerfest churches and were made by the local artists Evaand Knut Arnesen. The organ itself was established in 2010 and has 1782 pipes. Its shape reflects the triangular architecture of the whole Church.