Until the 1860`s malm was transported by sledge on a small horsepath that goes up the valley on the north side of Hanakamjuvet. In 1866 a road was finally built on the south side of the gulley. The mines bevame less profitable, and the road was not maintained. The road came to be used by loggers driving tractors and eventually the boulders supporting the road began to fall down. Seljord Historical Society and Seljord Sport`s Association worked together with Seljord Municipality to get a grant from The National Office of Historical Areas to restore the road. Hanakamjuvet is known for it`s beautiful scenery, not least the impressive waterfull that tumbles and roars into the valley below.