Hareid Church is located in Hareid municipality on the island Hareidlandet. We have a church and a cemetery. Our beautiful white wooden church was consecrated as a church in 1877 and is a beloved signal building in our village. Hareid parish is known for its large popular "trusopplæringsarbeid", with activities for children aged 0 to 18 years. Many of the activities take place in the church, which is in use almost every single day throughout the year. Hareid is a one-parish municipality which will say that the parish council also has joint council functions, and that there are the same elected representatives as in both councils, with a municipal representative in addition in joint council cases. Hareid parish has 6 full-time employees. One of these 6 is a daily camper in Hareid volunteer center, which parish owns and operates. In addition to the employees, many people are voluntarily involved in all the activities that take place in the parish.
The altarpiece from 1660 is the largest work of art in Hareid Church. It came from Stavanger Hospital Church, bought at a sale there in 1915, and was made by the Scotsman Anders (Andrew) Lawrenceson Smith. Rasofiel Rise painted the altarpiece in light colors in 1877. In 1913, Lars Kinsarvik added some darker colors. The church was partially restored, objected to in 1952. The altarpiece was restored for the 100th anniversary in Hareid church in 1977.