There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Historiske og kulturelle perler på en snor, unike overnattingssteder og lokale gårdsbutikker. Alt tett forbundet.
Welcome to a vibrant Hadeland steeped in history
As you drive along the beautiful Randsfjordlinna, a cultural landscape of exceptional beauty opens up – most of which has remained untouched for centuries. It is home to the beautiful Kongevegen meandering through the countryside, unique hotels and guest houses, striking local art and crafts, charming farm shops, medieval churches, burial mounds, and cultural heritage sites – all well signposted.
The attractions are varied and within easy reach of each other. Among some of those well worth a visit are:
- Glasslåven – a unique art gallery and atelier for professional artists.
- Grinaker Vev – one of Europe's last remaining damask weaving mills, with its own farm outlet and a charming café.
- The Sister Churches and the St Petri church – all dating back to medieval times.
- Hadeland Folk Museum – with exciting and relevant exhibitions, and an open-air museum with beautiful views of the cultural landscape.
- Hemlaga på Næs – a small shop offering farm products from own garden and kitchen.
For those staying overnight, Hadeland offers an excellent choice of accommodation. Among the many providers are Granavolden Gjæstgiveri and Hotell Hadeland – both in a stunning setting surrounded by pastures with grazing cows, and both serving delicious food.
Read more about Hadeland and its history