The church is considered to be one of Norway's best preserved medieval churches.
The church is considered to be one of Norway's best preserved medieval churches. The church was built in granite in Romanesque style at the end of the 12th century. The baptismal font with granite basin and steatite base dates from medieval times and is probably as old as the church itself.
The brass baptismal dish is from the early 1700s and is decorated with symbols of fish, fruit and flowers. The altarpiece from around 1600 was over painted in 1703. It depicts the Last Supper. The church's treasures include a chasuble from 1732 and one from 1993.
The church is signposted from E18 Elvestad and from Rv 120 between Elvestad and Moss.
Call the parish office +47 69 92 16 40