Skip to main content
Drammen

https://www.aass.no/


Marienlyst Stadium was opened in 1924 and has been the home ground of Strømsgodset since 1967. The owner is Drammen kommune.

Construction on the stadium began in 1923, and the field was inaugurated the following year with a match between a combined team from Drammen and a combined team from Kristiania (now Oslo). Timber stands surrounded the field, with the last remnants remaining in Klokkesvingen until the autumn of 2007.

During the winter of 1971/72, a concrete stand facing Marienlyst School was erected, with a small roof covering the VIP seats. In the 1990s, the owner added a roof over the entire stand.

They also removed the old timber stand facing the river to make way for the Idrettens Hus (Sports House), and seating was installed facing the field. This stand is now used as a stand for away supporters (H-Vinduet-Fjerdingstad stand).

The timber stand facing Schwartsgate/outdoor swimming pool was replaced by the new main stand in 2001/02.

The original grass on the stadium remained untouched for 67 years before it underwent a long-awaited renovation in 1996. During the winter of 2007/08, artificial turf was installed in the stadium, which was later replaced with new synthetic turf in 2013.

* The new Kiwi stand (formerly Klokkesvingen) was completed in 2015. The GodsetUnionen currently uses it.

* The stadium's seating arrangements consist of four parts:

* The DnB stand

* The H-Vinduet-Fjerdingstad stand

* The Main stand (formerly Ole K Karlsen stand)

* The Kiwi stand (formerly Klokkesvingen)


Source: Destination Drammen

0

https://www.aass.no/

Your recently viewed pages