Isakplassen - recreation and outdoor activities in historic surroundings
Originally an old croft from 1853, with 4 bedrooms sleeping 10 people and the opportunity to add extra beds if needed.
The main building was completely renovated in 2007 and has modern bathroom and kitchen.
In idyllic surroundings 19 km north of Steinkjer, approximately 200 m from Snåsavatnet (Lake Snåsa, Norway’s 6th largest), right in the middle of Klingsundet Nature Reserve. There is an abundance of bird - and wildlife in the surrounding area (172 bird species observed).
Motorboat can be rented and there is a boathouse at your disposal disposal. Good fishing, including net fishing.
Good trout fishing, the lake is known for its large trout population. Kayaks for rent.
Ice Fishing on Snåsavatnet and nearby lakes are popular in winter.
Hiking and outdor opportunities
By staying at Isakplassen, you will be part of a real local community with farms, hamlets, convenience store and sports facilities.
Good opportunities for outdoor activities in summer and winter.
- Cultural path from Isakplassen, 2.5 km long.
- Good opportunities to encounter small animals and birds in the woods, in addition to magnificent mountain trips both locally and out towards Snåsa.
- You can follow 6 km of marked trail to Isbolen which is the highest point in Kvam, providing a breathtaking view of Snåsavatnet and nearby mountain areas.
- By going around Snåsavatnet you can visit both Bølareinen and the Sami Centre.
- The Golden Route: Take a tour of Inderøy with farm produce and art , amongst other things.
- Steinkjer: 18 km away, with water park, cultural center, play centre and shopping mall.
- In autumn there are good opportunities for berry and mushroom picking.
- Bjørgan winter sports center, with nice downhill slopes. Distance 40 km from Isakplassen.
- Stable snow conditions with great skiing opportunities. Newly renovated floodlit ski tracks 5 km from Isakplassen.
- Marked trails to Midterfjellet much of the winter.
Included in the rent, there is a Goose hunting license (after agreement with the landlord / landowner) during the hunting season. There is an abundance of goose in this area.
Prices and rates.