Jevnaker church is situated in Prestmoen, with views of the Randsfjorden lake and the town centre. It was previously the site of a stone church, possibly built by King Olav Kyrre, towards the end of the 11th century.
By the early 19th century the stone church had become too small. However, attempts to extend the church resulted in relatively large damages to the building, and after extensive discussions the old stone church was demolished in 1832.
The new Jevnaker church was built from timber and located on the same site as the old stone church. The current church is octagonal and modelled on Vang church near Hamar (designed by Abraham Pihl or possibly Svend Aspaas, though both men had been dead for years when Jevnaker church was built, allegedly from a model). The church was built with interlocking corner joints, and then clad with vertical wood panels (from 1842). The church was inaugurated on 8 October 1834 and is the largest church in Hadeland, seating around 700 people.