How to get to Kastad lake:
- Type "Bråstadlia 5, 2825 GJØVIK"
- Or use the coordinates:
Latitude - 60.838511950
Longitude - 10.658912183
- From Gjøvik, drive 3 km north on Rv 4 towards Lillehammer.
- Take left at Nordenga.
- Drive 2 km straight ahead until you see the lake on your left hand side.
- Children below 17 years do not need a fishing permit.
- Fisjing in Kastad lake is permitted the entire year.
- Living bait from other lakes and rivers are generally not permitted
- Trout smaller than 25cm (10') must be released
Kastad lake is covered by the Gjøvik-permit which is gives you permission to fish in the entire Gjøvik municipality with only a few exceptions. (Kim Enger's part of Storsvarken, Midt Svarken, Vesle Svarken, Sørekertjennet, Sætersangen, Hemsangen, Rågjerdstjennet, Melbytjernet, Skålmyrdammen, Flatsjøen and Ringsjøen)
- 1 day: NOK 50,-
- 1 Week: NOK 100,-
- 1 Year (Jan. 1st - Dec. 31st): NOK 200,-
Points of sale:
- The tourist office at Gjøvik station
- Osbakken by Skumsjøen
- Coop Biristrand
- Sveastranda Camping
- Shell Snertingdal
- Biri Storkiosk and video
- På iNatur.no
It's also possible to buy the Gjøvik-permit by SMS:
- For 1 day, send "FISKEKORT CHM10" to 2470
- For 1 week, send "FISKEKORT CHM11" to 2470
- For 1 year, send "FISKEKORT CHM12" to 2470