Experience the magnificent green water on the Nordfjord, surrounded by steep mountains, soaring waterfalls and glaciers. The Nordfjord was created by glaciers, dominated by the vikings, and is now a world famous tourist attraction.
• These tours are a well adapted to beginners, and no previous experience is needed.
• The kayaks we use are stable tandem kayaks and you will have all necessary instructions before we start.
These are perfect tours tailored to suit you who wish to try out kayaking or who have some experience, but who also wish to learn about Nordfjord’s history and culture from the shoreline. During the tour, your professional guide will give you local history-, culture- and nature-knowledge, and make sure you can relax and enjoy the tour. You can choose between two options; «Explore Kayaking» (approximately 2,5 hours in total) or «The Fjord Paddle» (approximately 3,5 hours in total). Both tours are just long enough and in lovely surroundings.
We start from the rustic yet refined Mölla Guesthouse, in Olden, gear up and go over our safety briefing before we head out on to the glacial fjord. At the starting point, you will receive an instruction and safety briefing to prepare you for the tour. We’ll focus on safety, paddle instructions and outfitting. Kayak, paddle, buoyancy aid/personal flotation device and sprayskirt/splash cover are included. We take safety seriously, so we start off by doing a thorough go through on safety procedures, and we will make sure everybody knows what to do if a capsize should occur. We use double kayaks, meaning that they’re very stable, and you can enjoy conversation, as well as share your experience with others. We’ll spend approximately half an hour doing the introduction to what we plan to do, and what to expect on the tour. After the safety drill, your professional guide will show you correct paddle strokes, and how to synchronize paddling with your partner. You will then be taken out on the fjord and guided through the landscape and history of the area.
• Season: April 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
• Included: All necessary equipment for kayaking (kayak, paddle, buoyancy aid/PFD, sprayskirt/splash cover)
• Difficulty: Easy
• Capacity: Maximum 40 participants per tour
• Minimum age: 10 yrs (accompanied by an adult)
• NB! Participants must be able to swim
• Meeting point: Mölla Guesthouse in Olden (please be there at the latest 15 minutes before your booked time)
Option 1 «Explore Kayaking»: approx. 1,5 hours on the fjord (approx. 2,5 hours in total incl. preparations/finishing)
Option 2 «The Fjord Paddle»: approx. 2,5 hours on the fjord (approx. 3,5 hours in total incl. preparations/finishing)