The tiny hamlet of Tafjord, in the furthest inland reaches of Storfjord, became an important supplier of electric power to the local industrial revolution in Sunnmøre. The first power station in Tafjord was inaugurated in 1923, and was in full use until 1989.
The station was opened in 1991 as a generating station museum, and a valuable piece of cultural history was preserved for posterity.
The main generating hall and its walkways buzzes with atmosphere, and the exhibits tell the story of the development and use of hydroelectric power.
Open: mid June - mid Augus, every day 11:00.a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Open for guided tours for groups all year round by appointment.