There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Menes Fjordhytter holiday chalets are beautifully situated by the fjord edge in Sværefjorden, Balestrand municipality.
There is good fishing here all year round and it is an excellent starting point for mountain hiking trips, to glaciers and other sights. The small fjord arms of Vetlefjorden and Sværefjorden are among the most sheltered waters on the Sognefjord. Only 100 m from the chalets, owner Inge Menes, also has a small fuel filling station.
- It is only a 30 minute drive to the top of the Gaularfjell mountains, a fine starting point for mountain hikes with several
marked trails along the fantastic Gaular water course (Waterfall Path). We have local hiking maps for sale.
- It is 10 minutes by boat to the other side of the fjord where there is a sunny bathing area with fine sand.
- Balestrand is only 15 km away where you can find hotels, restaurants, an aquarium and art exhibitions among other things
and where you can also rent bicycles.
- The Norwegian Glacier Museum and glacier arms at Fjærland can be reached by car or by a tourist boat from Balestrand.
There is also a hiking trail in Fjærland to Flatbrehytta (by an arm of the Jostedal glacier).
- In late summer/early autumn you can pick lots of berries and mushrooms in the vicinity eg blueberries, raspberries,
cloudberries, chanterelles and ceps.
- You can also rent a kayak from us for a peaceful tour on the fjord.