Guided hike in the mountains, the highest points are between 260 and 513 meters above sea level. During the hike there will be plenty of breaks where you can enjoy the view, food and drinks. Remember to bring your camera.
Join us for a memorable and majestic mountain hike with spectacular views and storytelling. The mountains of Vesterålen are like a white dressed bride and is known as hikers paradise.
In the whole of the Vesterålen area, you will find a lot of accessible mountains to hike – also in winter time. It really doesn`t matter where you go, the unbeatable combinations of mountains and sea, will make the hike a magnificent experience. When on top of a mountain, the view is so magnificent that you want to stay there forever.
Our guided tours in the winter time, are in the mountains nearby Melbu and Stokmarknes, which is located in the southern part of Vesterålen. Our guides will “spice” the hike with interesting stories and facts about the area and the fauna where we are hiking.
“We really enjoyed our walk with you. The views from the mountain were fantastic and even a hut at the top to have a drink and something to eat. The photos and drone pictures are great and will give us super lasting memories of our hike with you.”
– John Bamforth, guest from England
There are a lot of eagles in our region. We can almost guarantee that we will see this majestic bird soar over us, looking for a prey. Moose is also common to see, while the population is large in the area.
The light in wintertime is magical. The colorful, cold light shining at snow covered mountains is fascinating. We take security seriously, and our guests will be equipped with poles and crampons.
Program for our guests
Season 2020 / English version
1. Pick-up points are Melbu Hotell, Vesterålen Kysthotell and Hurtigrutens Hus.
2. Transport to the mountain we are to ascend, which is maximum 20 minutes drive from the hotel. When arriving at the foot of the mountain, our guests will be provided with poles and crampons (if needed).
3. Guided hike in mountains, the highest points are between 260 and 513 meters above sea level. During the hike there will be plenty of breaks where you can enjoy the view, food and drinks. Remember to bring your camera.
4. After 3-5 hours, we will return to pick up points.
Included in the tour
• Poles and crampons
• Mountain guide
There are different mountains to hike on the different days, so you will not get the same experience if you want to attend to several tours.
Want to make the experience even more memorable?
We want to make the experience even more memorable for our guests. Give them something extraordinary and special to look back on after visiting us.
That’s why we offer pictures and video taken by drone of the spectacular surroundings with you in the frame during the hike.
This service is not included in the price of the tour, but can be added for an additional price of NOK 795.
Do you need food and drinks on tour?
It is possible to rent a backpack included local food, hot and cold drinks for NOK 295.
Included in the activity
• Transport from/to pickup points (Melbu Hotell, Vesterålen Kysthotell and Hurtigrutens Hus) to the mountain we are ascending.
• Poles and crampons
• English speaking mountain guide
Mountain hike: NOK 795
Backpack with food and drinks: NOK 295
Drone pictures/video: NOK 795