Nedstrand regional museum consists of several collections and sites. The old custom’s station has been restored in a special building. The timber of the custom’s building dates back to 1550 and is one of the oldest preserved wooden buildings in County Rogaland.
Another site is Old Stranda School (1875). This building serves as the administration centre of the museum, with offices, meeting rooms and varying exhibitions.
In 1913 a special ungdomshus (a secular meetinghouse for young people) was erected at Baustad. Up to 1992 this building was the meeting-place for a variety of clubs and organisations. Today the building houses a row of small exhibitions showing work- and daily life around 1900. The items on show belonged to the local collector Ommund Vatland. One of the rooms is dedicated to the Kirkebø-collection with doctor Jon Kirkebø’s (1925 – 1949) office During his period as a doctor large parts of Vindafjord and Suldal municipalities belonged to Nedstrand public health district.
At Leira the old Nessa schoolhouse from about 1800 has been restored.