Historians do not know the exact year when Nykirke church was built, but we have good reason to believe that it is about the same age as Borre church, which was built around 1100.
Annex church to Borre church. Fully restored in 1686. The congregation of Nykirke took over responsibility for the church in 1849 and had it restored again. The altarpiece was painted by Hans Wang in 1890. The church was dedicated to St. Nicholas. The name was Norwegianised to Nykirke, which the parish also adopted as its name.