Ogna beach is a sandy with a rocky shoreline, polished rocks and a river mouth. Almost a hidden gem with several differences in height and a long beach line. The train line Jærbanen stops here, and the North Sea Road goes right through Ogna.
Ogna beach is a sandy with a rocky shoreline, polished rocks and a river mouth. Almost a hidden gem with several differences in height and a long beach line. The train line Jærbanen stops here, and the North Sea Road goes right through Ogna. Near Ogna, there are long, sandy, white beaches, and several artists have places here as the area is perfect for painters. North of Ogna, is the salmon river Ognaelven. Several nice hikes in the area. Camping with kiosk. Accessible walking paths.
Important information on how to behave along the beaches at Jæren
- It is forbidden to drive motorised vehicles
- In the bird protection areas, you cannot exercise activities of disturbing effect; surfing, board sailing, kiting and dog walking.
- It is prohibited to surf/board sailing/kiting in the bird protected areas from 1 October to 31 March
- Horseback riding, bike riding, camping and tenting in the sand dunes are prohibited
- You must not walk on farmland during the growing season
- Respect people’s privacy. Do not set up a tent any nearer than 150 meters from a house or a cottage
- Permission from land owner if you camp for longer than 2 nights
- Do not light a fire in nature between 15 April to 15 September
- Respect the fact that other might use the area as their livelihood
- If you bring along a dog in nature, you are obligated to keep it on a leash where livestock are grazing. Remember the general laws on keeping dogs on a leash
- For hunting and fishing, special rules apply that you need to be aware of
- Flying with drones are forbidden throughout the entire landscape protection area
- Larger events are not allowed without a special dispensation
For the more experienced surfers, the conditions are more rewarding in autumn. Remember it is prohibited to surf/board sail/kite on beaches affected by bird protection (1 Oct – 31 March). Kiting is only possible on the following beaches: Sola, Hellestø, Byberg, Bore and Brusand.