Enjoy a relaxing four hour Polar Light Fjord Cruise on the world’s smallest cruise ship!
Experience the stunning scenery of the Arctic fjords aboard the comfort and safety of MS Aafjord. Wildlife sightings may include white-tailed sea eagles, native Norwegian birds, seals and whales. Although this is a day time cruise, the polar night occurs in the Arctic winter between November and January when the sun stays below the horizon throughout the day. The first sunrise of 2019 in Tromsø is on January 15th with the days becoming subsequently longer.
Included: tea, coffee, hot water, cold water, cookies & fleece blankets
Warm thermal suits are available if needed
Available for purchase: bottled/canned drinks, ponchos, fresh waffles - a do it yourself waffle bar. Gluten free batter available
Number of participants: 10-80
Level of difficulty: easy/family
Duration: 4 hours
Departure time and place: 10am (10:00) from Nerstranda Pier, below the Nerstranda shopping mall. Name of ship: MS Aafjord
Private group reservations:
• Small groups between 7-25 may reserve a private cabin (2 rooms available).
• Large groups between 25-80 may reserve the whole ship.
Information about the ship:
MS Aafjord has carried passengers along the Norwegian coast for decades. The atmosphere of the interior décor is antique, however, the operational features are newly renovated with all new electronics, a new engine room, 2 new generators, fire alarms in all rooms, water alarms in all rooms below sea level, and a new kitchen.
There are 3 common areas inside with big windows and plenty of space so you’ll never feel crammed. There is also an outside viewing deck, and 4 individual restrooms.
Northern Sea Adventures is very conscious of the global problem of ocean plastics & garbage. We limit the amount of one time use plastics onboard as much as possible. All garbage produced onboard is responsibly taken off board (not thrown out to sea). All black water gets filtered and cleaned before it goes back to sea.
All ages welcome.
Handicap accessibility – contact Northern Sea Adventures for more information.
- Guests are NOT allowed to bring their own alcohol onboard for consumption or any other use.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the ship. Smoking is only allowed in the designated area outside on deck 2 port side.
- Guests may bring their own snacks.
- We do not sell alcohol on this cruise.
Safety at sea is of utmost importance to us. The ship has several certifications, a few of which are listed below.
- Certificate of Nationality: Kingdom of Norway
- Passenger Ship Safety Certificate in Domestic Traffic (EU) - By the Norwegian Maritime Authority good through September 7, 2019.
- DSB (Direktoratet for Samfunnssikkerhet og Beredskap) – The Norwegian Directorate for Civil Protection is a Norwegian government agency under the Minister of Justice and the Police. DSB's general purpose is to protect Norway and its citizens from accidents, disasters, and other incidents.
- Renewed August 13, 2018 – required every 5 years.