Beautifully situated on a birch-covered peninsula stretching out towards the lake Rømsjøen. Constructed in solid timber in 1799.
Beautifully situated on a birch-covered peninsula stretching out towards the lake Rømsjøen. The church is clearly visible from large parts of the district. Constructed in solid timber in 1799, added to 50 years later, further extended and extensively restored in 1952 - 55.
The timberwork in the west tower probably dates from 1892. Before 1799 there was a stave church on the same site, probably built as early as before 1300. The original baptismal font and pulpit now used (Renaissance work of 1617) are from the stave church, as is the altar, which dates from the 1600s. Chasuble in reddish brown velvet from 1701.
Signposted from Rv 21 at lake Rømsjøen.