Learn more at the Røvær Aquaculture Centre about Norway as a seafood nation and the way we have developed into a world leader for producing farmed salmon. Did you know, for instance, that a lorry fully loaded with salmon rolls over the Norwegian frontier every 10 minutes, day in and day out, all year round?
Fish farming is a large and important business along our coast, and you can become familiar with this modern industry at the aquaculture centre. You’ll also get to know the tiny creatures, seabirds and fish which flourish around Røvær.The exhibition is compact and provides an easy-to-understand introduction to big and exciting subjects such as aquaculture, history, the environment and natural conditions. Interactive screens provide in-depth information, games and activities.
- Play “Happy Salmon” and take the aquaculture quiz.
- Watch the film Under the Surface.
- Visit the aquariums at nearby Tranhuset.
- Take the interests and vocational test and find your ideal fish-farming job.
- Take an excursion to the fish farm (on request, ticket must be purchased).