Join Sami guides for a reindeer experience. After a 25-minute drive from the city, you will visit their camp and have a chance to feed the herd of around 200 reindeer and also get to have a 5-10 minutes reindeer ride at the camp.
You will then gather inside the lavuu (Sami tent) for a hot traditional meal and listen to stories about Sami culture around the camp fire. The guide will also perform a joik (traditional Sami song) for the guests.
The itinerary will be:
- Pick up from Tromsø City Centre at 10am or 2pm and 25 min drive to Reindeer
- Feeding wild Reindeer
- Reindeer Sledding (10- 15 min)
- Lasso throwing (but not on real reindeer)
- Coffee and hot meal in a warm Lavuu (Traditional Sami tent
- Storytelling of Sami Culture
- Joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø City Centre
Included: Guide, transfer (25 minutes each way), hot drinks, hot meal
Duration: 3-4 hours
Number of participants: 1-25
Level of difficulty: Easy
Departure time and place: 10am (10:00) or 2pm (14:00) at Radisson Blu Hotel Tromsø