There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Not far away from the coastal town of Haugesund lies Ryvarden. This is an old lighthouse which has been given a new life as a cultural house. The lighthouse is located on the ocean's edge, and invites you to Â excursions in all weathers.Â
The walk out to Ryvarden is on a wide and graveled path from MÃ¸lstrevÃ¥g, the walk is suitable for most people. It takes approximately 30 minutes each way, if you do not feel the urge to take small breaks along the way to enjoy the scenery. It is close to impossible to visit Ryvarden without feeling the power of nature, for both body and soul.
Ryvarden is located on a cape, which stretches out into the sea, a powerful meeting between sea and sky! It is also possible to rent the Lightkeepers residence at Ryvarden, in that way you will get to experience "lighthouse living".
On weekends and during summer there are exhibitions and cafe at the lighthouse. Visit www.ryvarden.no for more information about opening hours and artists.
On your way to the lighthouse you will pass the memorial site over the deceased after the Sleipner accident in 1999.
About the trail
* All year
* Grading: Green. For all. Graveled path. Good hiking shoes/ sneakers.
* Length â 4 km/ 1 hour, tour/detour (2 km and 30 minutes one way). This is the total time, not included breaks.
* Car parking in MÃ¸lstrevÃ¥g
Equipment and clothing
* Good hiking shoes / sneakers and a wind-proof jacket is recommended. The time estimate does not include breaks. It is nice to sit down and enjoy your homemade lunch.
How to get here
* Access: by car from Haugesund.
* Parking: Marked car parking in MÃ¸lstrevÃ¥g.
Where to stay
Hytter i Sveio
Hoteller i Haugesund
Other activities and attractions: