Skedsmo museum is located at Huseby farm at Skedsmokorset.
Archeologists have found proof for that people have been living here for more than 2000 years. Huseby has been a vicarage, perhaps as long as 700 years, but also poor house for a while. The farm consists of several buildings, for people and for animals and storage purposes. Both rich and poor in the rural society is shown in the exhibitions, which are renewed every year. Open during the summer season and at events.
Because of the many burial mounds in the area have long known that the farm existed in the Viking Age, but excavations in recent years show an even older history here, at least 2000 years. The name Huseby means a well-built farm with many stately houses. Due to several fires over the centuries, buildings have been replaced over time, but the main building that now stands was built on the old foundations after the fire of 1830. The Storehouse for food is from 1701. In the servants' house, which was moved to the farm from a smaller farm in Brånåsdalen after the fire, there are exhibitions of old tools, including a collection of linnon-tools. The workmans home, Nebben, was moved to the farm after the museum was opened. It is furnished by the former national antiquary Roar Hauglid and is a gem, both as a historical setting and historical museum. Hauglid wrote about the ground floor: "I have tried to keep the interior closely to the types of Skedsmo-home from this era. Such a home had always quite specific interior arrangement which was common to the whole parish, with its specific types of cupboards, etc." The big red barn was an important part of farm operations in the period that the poor were living at Huseby, between 1883 and 1924. The poor were in fact working on the farm, according to their ability, contributing as much as they could.
Both rich and poor in rural society has thus been living here, and that is reflected in the museum's exhibits. In 1rst floor of the main building is an exhibition about the poorhouse-period.