Medieval stone church with a characteristic silhouette due to the inward-sloping ridge turret above the nave.
Medieval stone church with a characteristic silhouette due to the inward-sloping ridge turret above the nave. The church was devastated by fire in 1792, and part of the wall on the south side had to be rebuilt and the tower partially demolished.
All the medieval fittings have been lost; the baptismal font disappeared in the 19th century. The altarpiece by Albert Lobech (1768) was in the Norwegian Folk Museum at Bygdøy until 1937. A medieval wheel-cross is incorporated in the wall above the entrance to the choir and bears an inscription from the 1700s. Then it marked a grave.
Signposted from Rv 115 south of Skiptvet centre.
Call the parish office +47 69 80 80 75