Myrkdalen is famous having a lot of snow during winter. Join us on a short, guided snowshoeing trip to our igloo, situated right on top of Myrkdalen Ski Resort. Our solid «snow dome» has plenty of space inside for families or small groups who would like an extraordinary winter experience – without skis. Inside we are comfortably sheltered even if the outside weather is cold and windy. Equipped with candles, food and hot drinks we promise you a lunch break you won’t forget Trip description Meet your guide in the reception of Myrkdalen Hotel. After introductions, your guide will make sure you are properly dressed for the trip. Warm winter boots and additional clothing is available without added costs. You will get equipped with snowshoes, poles and goggles before departure. We use the chair lift to get to our starting point, right in the middle of splendid mountain terrain. On a clear day we enjoy the great views of the neighboring mountains. A hike of approximately 45 minutes takes us to the igloo, which is our lunch spot. Inside the igloo, your guide will prepare hot drinks and a light meal of locally crafted food. If the weather permits, we enjoy the scenery outside. During the excursion, your guide will talk about local cultural history and teach you a few things about going on trips in the winter mountains. After lunch we play around in the snow for a while before heading back to the chair lift. The descent on the lift is quite refreshing!
Season and availability
Trips are run daily on request from 3 January to 19 April.
- The guide will meet you in the reception of Myrkdalen Hotel at 11.30
- The trip takes 3-4 hours, you will be back at the hotel by 3.30 p.m.
- The ski lifts might close when the weather is bad. If so, you will be offered an alternative trip in more sheltered terrain.
- You are free to use your own clothes on this excursion. If they are considered adequate by your guide.
-Trips are run by guides from Wild Voss or Myrkdalen Ski School
This is non-technical and family-friendly excursion, suitable for healthy people who would like to spend some time out in the snow. The trip takes you through mountain terain, which means that we are exposed to cold winds and inclement weather. No prior hiking or skiing experience is required.
Getting to Myrkdalen Ski Resort without a car
From Voss, you could use the free ski shuttle which departs Voss Station at 10 a.m. This bus corresponds with the train from Bergen arriving Voss at 9.53. The return ski shuttle departs Myrkdalen at 3.40 p.m.
From Flåm, there is a shuttle bus departing at 8.15 a.m. It arrives in Myrkdalen at 9.15 a.m. This bus also stops in Gudvangen (8.40 a.m). A return ticket costs NOK 295. The return bus departs Myrkdalen at 6 p.m.
Price and Terms: The price for adults is NOK 1890 per person. The price for children aged 8-14 is NOK 1290 per person. Minimum age 8 years old. Special prices for family and groups - contact Wild Voss for price quote.
Group sizes: 1-10 participants.
Included in the price:
- An experiences guide leading you during yours entire trip
- Access to a well maintained and fully equipped igloo.
- A light meal of locally crafted food, including hoot drinks - prepared in the igloo
- Snowshoes, googles and ski poles
- Unlimited access to warm clothing such as mittens, hats, woollen sweaters, wollenn socks and thermals.
- Warm winter boots
- All necessary safety equipment
- Lift ticket
Not included in price: Bus shuttle to/from Flåm
By booking this trip, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed with our Terms of service and Risk and liability statement.
For questions: Please call Øystein on + 47 93484041 or email at email@example.com