Solastranden is a 2,3 km long beach close to the airport. It is one of the most popular beaches in the Stavanger region, and a well used spot for wind- and watersports. Traces of WWII structures can be seen in the southern end of the beach.
Once named one of the world's most beautiful beaches by Sunday Times! Solastranden is a 2,3 km long beach close to the airport. It is one of the most popular beaches in the Stavanger region, and a well used spot for wind- and watersports. Traces of war structures can be seen in the southern end of the beach.
Important information on how to behave along the beaches at Jæren
- It is forbidden to drive motorised vehicles
- In the bird protection areas, you cannot exercise activities of disturbing effect; surfing, board sailing, kiting and dog walking.
- It is prohibited to surf/board sailing/kiting in the bird protected areas from 1 October to 31 March
- Horseback riding, bike riding, camping and tenting in the sand dunes are prohibited
- You must not walk on farmland during the growing season
- Respect people’s privacy. Do not set up a tent any nearer than 150 meters from a house or a cottage
- Permission from land owner if you camp for longer than 2 nights
- Do not light a fire in nature between 15 April to 15 September
- Respect the fact that other might use the area as their livelihood
- If you bring along a dog in nature, you are obligated to keep it on a leash where livestock are grazing. Remember the general laws on keeping dogs on a leash
- For hunting and fishing, special rules apply that you need to be aware of
- Flying with drones are forbidden throughout the entire landscape protection area
- Larger events are not allowed without a special dispensation
For the more experienced surfers, the conditions are more rewarding in autumn. Remember it is prohibited to surf/board sail/kite on beaches affected by bird protection (1 Oct – 31 March). Kiting is only possible on the following beaches: Sola, Hellestø, Byberg, Bore and Brusand.