The current church is built on the ruins of an early 12th century Roman stone church. At one time the church was transformed into a residence for the marine painter Johan Bennetter (1822-1904). Large sections of the church were demolished during World War II. The church was rebuilt and restored in 1995. Today the church is very popular for weddings and concerts.
Open for guided tours every day in the sommer months.
The church is closed for tours when booked for weddings.
OnSpotStory code: 901106