SKIEXPEDITION 2017 - Welcome to a 35 days ski expedition over 650 km from north to south of Spitsbergen.
Welcome to a unique adventure with Basecamp Explorer! Over 650 km, from north to south of Spitsbergen, on skis in 33 days is an amazing adventure for the experienced skier.
DURATION: The duration is 33 days includes one day for preparation and testing of equipment in Longyearbyen, and two days transport by snowmobile. It provides a total of 30 days of skiing.
When it comes to the transportation out north and pickup south, it must be considered that we are in the Arctic with changing weather and snow. This is especially true for the return, and we recommend that the flight back ordered with opportunities for change.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS: Daily distances will vary depending on terrain and weather and composition of the group. It must be expected between 9-10 hours of walking per. day. Each participant must pull their own sledge, weight 60-65 kg incl. shared equipment. The expedition is demanding and participants must be experienced in skiing and outdoorsleeping wintertime in the mountains. Glacier experience previously is not required. The guide will provide training / guidance along the way.
CHANGING IN EXPEDITION PROGRAM: Weather conditions changing fast in Svalbard. Alternating weather as strong winds, blizzards, heavy mist, crevasses and lack of snow and ice is something we have to deal with. Based on this, the original program can be changed concidering the planned route, transport and changes in travel plans, and it may even mean that we are not going to planned destination. PRICE: NOK 99.990 per person
DEPARTURE: Saturday 25.03 – Wednesday 26.04. 2017
AGELIMIT: 18 years
MINIMUM: 3 persons
- Transport with snowmobile from Longyearbyen – Verlegenhuken
- Transport with snowmobile from the border of South-Spitsbergen
Nationalpark – Longyearbyen
- Experienced guide from Basecamp Spitsbergen Transport to/ from
Svalbard Airport – Longyearbyen
- Necessary safety equipment, such as Satellite phone, emergency
beacon, weapon for polarbear protection and medication
- Other equipment, such as pulk, tent, primus, navigation and glacier
- All food and drinks during the expedition. Most of the food will be Drytech
- Search & Rescue (SAR) - insurance.
- One mandatory meating/ camp at Finse in January/ Fabruary, with test
and training orginazed by Hvitserk and Basecamp Spitsbergen
- Flights to/ from Longyearbyen
- Personal equipment
- Meals, drinks and accommodation in Longyearbyen before and after the
- Personal travelinsuranse with cancellation cover
- Unexpected expences resulting from delays ref our conditions
- Trainingcamp in addition to the mandotary one