About SPYDEBERG Rectory
Spydeberg rectory was during the 1990s and in the years after the millennium recognized as a national historic site of national value.
Guidance for the management of Spydeberg rectory was placed through decisions made by the Ministry of Ecclesiastical Affairs in the years 1999 and 2000, as well as various decisions of Cultural Heritage and the State Conservator in Østfold.
Main building, storehouse and garden was protected in 1991 by the Directorate.
In 2007 Spydeberg rectory was bought by the then newly founded Foundation Spydeberg rectory, which since has had full responsibility for the management and operation.
The events in 1814 cross the tracks by Jacob Nicolai Wilse in Spydeberg vicarage. Therefore this is an important arena in Norway's history in the 1700s and 1800s.
Guide can be booked for groups.