The Station Café is located in Notoddens first railway station, a beautiful art noveau building from 1909, part of the UNESCO world heritage.
The Station Café is located in Notoddens first railway station, a beautiful art noveau building from 1909, part of the UNESCO world heritage. Café, bakery, confectionery and gift shop right next to the most significant Norwegian invention of all time, be sure to ask the staff. Serves hot and cold dishes made from scratch, using only local produce and old, well kept traditional recipes.
Lunch buffet from 11:00 - 13:00
Notodden railway station was drawn by the famous architect Thorvald Astrup and was ready for use in 1909. It was the terminal station for the Tinnoset Line and the switching station for the industrial side track to Rjukan Quay. All goods from the World Heritage site Rjukan-Notodden had its start and ending point here. Transport to the world continued on the Eastern Telemark Canal. The first two years the line was operated with steam locomotives, and lateer the line became the first standard gauge electric railroad in Norway. The station was in use until 1919 when the company Tinnos-Porsgrunn Railway Corporation was established and we were connected to the national railway grid.