Holsingseteren is a traditional summer mountain farm beautifully situated in Roktdalen valley in Snåsa, just by the border to Steinkjer municipality.
We welcom guests for accommodation in the summer season:
Capacity: 6 people
The Lavvo tent:
Capacity: 8 people
Rates incl. breakfast:
Adults NOK 400,- per night
Children NOK 250,- per night
We do not have a card terminal so all payments must be made in cash.
At Holsingsetra we have 2 cows, 2 calves, 2 lambs, 2 pigs, chickens, rabbits, cats, dogs and horses. The milk from our cows is the basis for our production of cream, sour cream, yogurt, butter and fat milk. We serve real sour cream porridge with "Pligg" (cured meat) and coffee from "svartkjel'n" (the black kettle).
Holsingsetra is adapted for the disabled with trails on the mountain farm, access to all buildings and adapted toilet facilities. Come on day visits, overnight, or take a vacation living in a real mountain farm environment!
There are many activities to choose from with us:
- You can help to care for the animals and learn about the operation of the farm.
- You can pick berries, make sour cream porridge or contribute with other traditional cooking on the farm.
- Holsingsetra also offer other activities such as horseback riding, fishing, hiking, cycling and boat trips.
- We have canoe and boat rental in Roktsjøen. You drive past the lake on the trip to the farm and there are plenty of fish.
- You can also fish in the river Rokta, which run by the farm, with many great fishing spots along the river bank.
- If you are interested in history, we happily tell stories from the summer mountain farming of the olden days.
- Marked trail from the mountain farm to ancient settlements.
Holsingsetra lis ocated in Snåsa municipality within Roktdalen Crown lands, close to the border with the municipality of Steinkjer. It is about 40 km by car from Snåsa Centre. Drive RV 763 from Snåsa centre to Breide, take the exit to Imsdalen/Grønningen, drive about 1o km, turn right towards Roktdalen/Holsingsetra and drive about 20 km.
If you fancy a bike ride, it is nice to bike into the farm, stay the night and join in the day's activities before the biking back to the village. Another way of accessing the farm is by helicopter, we have an approved landing place at the farm. For helicopter rides contact Mid-Norwegian Helikopter Service AS.