Located in a wonderful bay Svea glacier is one of the most impressive and active glacier of Spitsbergen. It will be your starting point for living your most beautiful arctic experience : glacier exploration, paddling between icebergs, getting closer to animals, spectacular points of view...
Every day according to weather conditions we go for a hike or kayaking. Dedicated to everyone this trip does not need specific physical condition or kayaking knowledge.
Guided trip, kayak, hiking & discovery
10 days including 6 days of hiking
Hiking: 4 to 6 hours of kayaking or hiking per day (no control of the kayak is required). Level moderate. We go kayaking only on quiet sea. We go back each evening to our basecamp. There are not "real" hiking paths. Some hikes will be in the toundra or river crossings require to wear boots. With rainy weather the ground may be slippery and wet. This stay is non-roaming, so it does not require special physical conditions.
An experienced guide.
Food and meals:
We try to offer you balanced and good meals according to conditions in Spitsbergen. You must be aware that it is difficult and even impossible to find vegetables and fresh fruits in Great North.
Breakfast: muesli, tee, coffee, hot chocolate...
Snackings are given every morning (cereal bars, dry fruits...)
Lunch : picnic, salted snacks...
Dinner: hot soup and hot meal
- Bivouac: shared tent for 2. Our tents are adapted to Spitsbergen conditions. We share our meal under a mess tent.
- 2 nights in guesthouse in Longyearbyen (rooms of 2,3 or 4 beds). Common kitchen and shared facilities.
Transport to/from Longyearbyen
- Accomodation in Longyearbyen full board, except last meal in Longyearbyen (day 9)
- Experienced guide
- Kayaks and equipement for paddling: overall Helly Hansen, waterproof and dry suit, gloves, life vests, spray skirts .
-Campsite equipement: shared tent, sleeping mats, sleeping bags...
Price does NOT include:
Flights to get to Longyeabyen
- Your travel insurance (cancellation and repatrition): we do not offer insurance. We strongly advise to take out such insurance and bring your documents with you when travelling
To be paid on site :
- Personal expenses