Svinndal church was finished in 1856. The old church had burnt down 2 years earlier. The church is designed by the reknown architect Chr. H. Grosch. The nave and choir is built in solid wood. The altarpiece from 1891 pictures the baptism of Jesus. The church is surrounded by a park with beautiful trees. Visits can be organized by calling the parish office, tel. 69 28 88 30.