Spend the night in a cone and wake up in the middle of the treetops on Mount Fløyen.
Just at the end of the large playground at Fløyen, in between the trees, “Konglen” – The Cone – is pending a few meters above the ground. It is securely attached but will move slightly depending on the weather - hence you feel at one with nature. If you climb the ladder to The Cone you find sleeping space for two adults and two children, a bench, a fold-down table, and a large window. Outside the window you see trees, the city mountains, and the sea in the distance - or maybe even one of the Fløyen goats or a small squirrel. The Cone provides visitors a unique nature experience on the city mountain, enabling you to find peace of mind and inner calm.
The construction of The Cone is based on principles of the building of boats. It is made of spruce and pine, where parts of the wood is exposed to hot steam to become soft enough to be bent around the structure. In addition, over a hundred small sheets of shingles made of spruce were nailed on. As time goes by, the roof shavings will be influenced by nature and blend into the surroundings. The architect is Jacob Schroll from Utmark Architecture, and the carpenter is Ole Iden who has built The Cone in a local workshop in Solheimsviken, Bergen.
• To make a reservation you must be 18 years old and older
• The bed inside is built in combination with the table and you need to fold the table to make the bed ready
• The Cone might feel a little tiny if you are two adults and two children. Therefore, we highly recommend the children to be between 3 - 10 years old
• Check in time is from 15:00 and check out no later than 11:00
• After a reservation is made, we arrange where you can pick up the key
• Pets are not allowed in The Cone
• It is not possibly to drive with a car from the city centre to The Cone
• Candles, camping kitchen or any kind of open fire is strictly forbidden inside The Cone
• Bring your own food, drink, sleeping bag, pillowcase, slippers/rags, and a flashlight
• Even though there is heating, if might be cold in winter, so remember to bring extra warm clothes. We recommend sleeping bag suitable for winter temperatures
• We provide mattresses, pillows, key to the toilet and cleaning services
Please take care of Konglen – we love it!
|Cabin||1,650.00 1 night|
|* Price from|