Gjøvik Municipality has several good fishing lakes and has one common license for the entire municipality.
EXCEPT are the following small waters, where the landowner's permission is required:
- Kim Engers part of Storsvarken
- Middle Svarka
- Little Svarka
Fishing with rod and reel from the banks. Most lakes are also very good for ice fishing
This is a river which originates from Faberg Vestfjell with its outlet in Biri center.
From the river's highest point, to the lowest point at the lake, it is almost 900 meters.
4 km long.
The river has a population of trout, although thin population.
Located at 432 meters. about 1,8 square kilometers.
It has a good population of trout and lots and lots of small perch.
Flows through Snertingdal and out by Stokke in Redalen.
The river has a polulation of trout. The lower 300 meters are available for grayling and trout from Lake Mjøsa.
Fishing regulations and duties:
- Cards can be purchased from, among others Gjøvikregionen Tourist Office, Coop Market Snertingdal, Snertingdal Bilistsenter YX, Matkroken Snertingdal, Jon Henrik Haugen Snertingdal.
- You can also purchase the Gjøvik licence via SMS or on-line.
- For day-pass send "LICENCE CHM10" to number "2470". NOK 63, -
- Weekly Cards send "LICENCE CHM11" to "2470". NOK 122, -
- Season tickets send "LICENCE to CHM12" to "2470". NOK 240, -
- Fishing with rod and reel, handline and ice fishing equipment is allowed.
- Minimum size trout 20 cm. No minimum for other species
- For lakes coverd by the Gjøvik licence, the season is all year round.
- In rivers and streams, fishing is not permitted from September 15 to 31 December.
- In rivers and streams where the trout from Lake Mjøsa spawns, there is no fishing between September 1 and April 30.