There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
How to get there:
- The nearest address is "Snertingdalsvegen 179, 2822 BYBRUA"
(Drive 200 metres past this address and turn left)
- Or use the coordinates:
Latitude - 60.885495902
Longitude - 10.643313858
- From Gjøvik drive 12 km north on Rv 4 towards Lillehammer.
- Take left by Sveastranda Camping, direction Redalen.
- After 2 km, take left after the sports arena.
- 30 metres after crossing the river, park your car.
- Walk the last 500 meters down the road
- Children below 17 years do not need a fishing permit.
- This is of Mjøsa's trout spawning streams, thus fishing is allowed from May 1st - August 31st.
- Living bait from other lakes and rivers are generally not permitted
- Trout smaller than 25cm (10') must be released
The Bybrua Waterfall is covered by the Gjøvik-permit which is gives you permission to fish in the entire Gjøvik municipality with only a few exceptions. (Kim Enger's part of Storsvarken, Midt Svarken, Vesle Svarken, Sørekertjennet, Sætersangen, Hemsangen, Rågjerdstjennet, Melbytjernet, Skålmyrdammen, Flatsjøen and Ringsjøen)
- 1 day: NOK 50,-
- 1 Week: NOK 100,-
- 1 Year (Jan. 1st - Dec. 31st): NOK 200,-
Points of sale:
- The tourist office at Gjøvik station
- Osbakken by Skumsjøen
- Coop Biristrand
- Sveastranda Camping
- Shell Snertingdal
- Biri Storkiosk and video
- På iNatur.no
It's also possible to buy the Gjøvik-permit by SMS:
- For 1 day, send "FISKEKORT CHM10" to 2470
- For 1 week, send "FISKEKORT CHM11" to 2470
- For 1 year, send "FISKEKORT CHM12" to 2470