Kvinnherad church is situated in the parish of Kvinnherad, Sunnhordland prosti. It was built of brick in 1255. The church has 380 seats. The church has protected status protected by law.
Kvinnherad Church, which is a whitewashed brick church built in the mid 1200s, is one of the highest among the parish churches from the Middle Ages. Kvinnherad church was probably the main church for the region in the Middle Ages, but then in 1678 she became a private church for the baron of the Barony Rosendal, and was not parish church again until 1910.
The church has a rectangular nave and choir, is little changed since the Middle Ages. All of the Gothic portals and windows are kept, which are relatively rare. The windows are simple and gothic, and the same in the south and the north portal. West Portal is richer decorated and flanked by double small columns. Grind Works The windows in the chancel to the south and east, with triple bows and rosettes above is stylistically influenced by the "Bergen gothic". The burial chapel north of the chancel, was built for the 1670s, Rosenkrantz century. In 1913 we built the sacristy door to the burial chamber.
The interior has undergone great changes. By medieval fixtures are preserved only the altar in the church, and two gothic watches. The pulpit in the Renaissance style dates from the first half of the 1600s, and in 1670 the number received roof ceiling with cloud paintings. The altarpiece from 1705 was released by baron Rosenkrantz, and their coat of arms is painted below the picture of the Last Supper and the crucifixion. The pictures are framed by columns and are carved in thin and elegant acanthus leaf pattern.
Open for guided tours in summer, but on funeral days there are no guided tours.